West Raleigh Presbyterian Church seeks to offer a variety of opportunities for youth in grades 6-12 to experience a relationship with God, the Church and the world that is reflected in the goals for youth ministry.
Scroll down or use the links below to learn more!
These opportunities include
- youth-adult partnerships for Bible study,
- exploration of issues of faith,
- intergenerational friendship among the people of God,
- mission beyond the congregation,
- mission trips,
- youth conferences,
- participation in denominational ministry, and
- vital expression of faith through music.
Youth serve God through
- church leadership,
- kitchen brigade,
- children’s worship,
- Sunday worship leadership,
- children’s library and
- a host of other callings.
Some of our youth have served on Presbytery Youth Council, Summer Conference Leadership and International Youth Triennium.
Our youth enjoy spending time in worship together, often sitting together during the 11:00 AM worship service. We encourage these young people to use their gifts in leadership, whether serving as liturgsts or musicians.
Clearly there is a lot, and each individual youth will discern his or her place in it all. It is our hope that youth will participate in as many of these activities as will feed their own spiritual growth. We strive to find a place in the life of the church for each individual.